The Hall of Memory, a war memorial, is situated just in front of Baskerville House in Centenary Square. It was actually built before Baskerville House in the 1920's. Built to commemorate over 12,000 of Birmingham's citizen's who died in the First World War, the inside features 3 Art Panels by William Boyde in rememberance. The stained glass window depicts scenes from the First World War
The stone comes from Weymouth and the memorial was opened in 1925. The outside features four bronze statues which represent the services of the Army, Navy, Air Force and Women's Services. A collonade once stood here before Centenary Square was built. The very same collonade, which was moved, can now be found in the Peace Garden.