Yardley used to be the old Parish from Yardley Wood to the Lea Village.
An old settlement dating back to 900 A.D. when it was first recorded. Like most older communites around Birmingham it would have been a rural village.
In 1911 Yardley Rural District Council lost it's battle to keep Yardley out of Birmingham. Development followed and large housing projects ensured that the population mushroomed. In 1969 Yardley Village became the City's first conservation area. A main attraction in the area is Blakesley Hall a late Tudor Building with it's very own Tudor lavatory shute.